What Does a Business Analyst Do?
Business Analysts (or Business System Analysts) play a key role in connecting business users with project managers. Business analysts are typically responsible for collecting data, gathering and confirming requirements and documenting processes.
Business Analyst Job Overview
In the Business Analyst role, you will be responsible for performing quantitative analysis for business projects, helping meet project deadlines and keeping projects within agreed scope and cost. A key element of the role is partnering with project managers in achieving key milestones and successful project completion. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing useful analytical input and value throughout the project management lifecycle.
Business Analyst Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform detail project requirement analysis, gathering applicable data and documenting project processes
- Engage with all project participants and stakeholders to identify key project requirements and resource constraints
- Meet regularly with project managers to review current processes, recommend areas for improvement, gain acceptance for and implement solutions
- Regularly communicate and present ideas, new processes and analytic-based findings
- Perform user testing and review customer acceptance procedures
- Work closely with technical team, IT staff, support staff, customers and management
- Develop and build relationships across organization to improve knowledge transfer and intra-organizational communication
- Effectively translate technical issues and business data into understandable information that drives actionable business decisions
- Maintain knowledge of relevant technology and industry trends impacting company strategy and business initiatives
- Build expertise in effectively using the latest analytical technology and tools
Business Analyst Job Requirements
- 3-5 years of business analysis or related quantitative-based business experience
- Ability to create compelling reports and presentations to influence business decisions
- Expertise in spreadsheets, SQL, modeling technology and database tools
- Strong quantitative and analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent planning organizational and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, math, technology or related field. MBA a plus.
Comeet can help you get candidates, fast. Looking to start your hiring process today? Leave your details here and we’ll get back to your promptly: