What Does an Electrical Technician Do?
Electrical technicians play a key role in the production, installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment. They may work on communication, lighting, and control systems in factories, homes, buildings, and job sites. They often collaborate closely with electrical engineers and electricians.
Electrical Technician Job Overview
In the electrical technician role, you will be responsible for creating, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical equipment. A critical element in this role is calibrating instruments to adapt to the specific needs of a client or job. Success in this role will be demonstrated by following blueprints and instructions created by engineers to develop and maintain systems with minimal downtime.
Electrical Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Troubleshoots electrical issues
- Inspects circuit breakers and other electrical components
- Conducts general electrical maintenance
- Reads and interprets blueprints and technical diagrams
- Labels system components
- Works standard computations relating to electrical load requirements of wiring
Electrical Technician Job Requirements
- High school diploma or Associate degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- At least 1 year of electrical experience
- Highly observant and analytical
- Proficient with hand tools
- Ability to understand and apply basic mathematical skills
- Physically able to lift 35 lbs
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.