What Does a Construction Project Manager Do?
Construction project managers oversee building and renovation projects from beginning to end. They coordinate with architects and engineers to create and implement construction plans and schedules. They are responsible for the timely, efficient, and safe completion of all jobs, within budget and to client specifications.
Construction Project Manager Job Overview
In the construction project manager role, you will coordinate with contractors and designers to ensure that construction projects are completed to spec and within the specified timelines. Success in this role will be demonstrated by how well you manage budgets, minimize safety and regulatory risk, achieve project phase goals, and deliver a product that meets customer requirements.
Construction Project Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises and guides project workers, mechanics, and other staff
- Plans and schedules project phases and milestones
- Determines the required resources to complete the project
- Manages costs to work within a defined budget
- Ensures regulatory and safety requirements are followed
- Secures appropriate licenses and permits
- Evaluates and keeps detailed records of the project’s progress
Construction Project Manager Job Requirements
- BS/BA in Engineering, Building Science, or similar field
- PMP or similar certification is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar roles is required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.