What Does a Customer Service Representative Do?
Customer service representatives help strengthen the relationship between businesses and their customers. They typically provide information, receive client complaints, offer products and services, process requests, and provide various forms of assistance in addressing customer queries and concerns.
Customer Service Representative Job Overview
In the customer service representative role, you will interact directly with customers. A key element of the role is being able to communicate effectively with customers, providing answers and solutions to their questions and concerns. Success in this role will be demonstrated by ensuring customer satisfaction with how their inquiries, requests, and complaints are addressed.
Customer Service Representative Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Undergoes in-house training to become proficient about the company’s products, services, and operating procedures
- Answers inbound calls and emails from customers
- Determines the best course of action to resolve issues
- Effectively communicates company policies and standard procedures
- Processes customer requests and log account transactions
- Takes note of customer complaints and feedback
Customer Service Representative Job Requirements
- Has prior relevant experience in customer service
- Knowledgeable about Microsoft Office applications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Can adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Able to handle pressure and difficult situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Has a positive and professional work attitude
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree required
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.