What Does a Lab Technician Do?
Lab technicians (or laboratory technicians) perform various laboratory procedures to support scientists, doctors, or lab managers. The procedures performed are technical and complex, and they assist with scientific research, diagnosing diseases, and investigative work. They hold a vital role in the lab research team.
Lab Technician Job Overview
In the lab technician role, you will be responsible for receiving samples of tissue, blood, and other bodily fluids, and for conducting appropriate laboratory tests. All work must be carried out in strict accordance with both internal protocols and external regulations. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing valuable results and analysis with high levels of accuracy and efficiency.
Lab Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains logs and records of lab instruments and reagents
- Cleans and sterilizes lab tools and equipment
- Follows specified scientific procedures and adheres to safety guidelines
- Provides assistance in procedures and conducts scientific experiments
- Records data and research findings accurately
- Oversees lab inventory and orders supplies when required
- Continues education to enhance industry knowledge
Lab Technician Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of laboratory experience
- Valid laboratory technician license
- Proficient in MS Office
- Skilled in operating lab equipment and machinery
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry or any related discipline
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.