What Does a Maintenance Worker Do?
Maintenance workers perform the upkeep and repair of machines, mechanical equipment, and building facilities. They employ routine preventive measures to ensure the continuity of business operations. Maintenance workers also coordinate and work with external contractors to address mechanical requirements.
Maintenance Worker Job Overview
In the maintenance worker role, you will schedule and perform routine check-ups and diagnostic tests, and repair equipment when necessary. Common tasks include general carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and documentation of all work. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the continuous operability of equipment and machines resulting from your efficiency and technical expertise.
Maintenance Worker Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Repairs fixtures and equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostic tests on equipment
- Troubleshoots equipment, machine, and facility issues
- Properly disposes of defective parts and equipment
- Reports system issues that require repair from licensed professionals
- Assists in operational tasks of the organization
- Complies with safety policies and procedures of the company
Maintenance Worker Job Requirements
- At least 2 years of similar work experience
- Knowledge in handling power and hand tools
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read repair manuals and blueprints
- Ability to remain focused while working
- General education degree or high school diploma
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.