What Does an Architect Do?
Architects handle the planning and design of buildings. Additionally, they provide technical and aesthetic advice on the design of infrastructures built on private and public spaces. They are also responsible for ensuring that buildings are safe, functional, and built with the public welfare in mind.
Architect Job Overview
In the architect role, you are expected to design, plan, and oversee building projects. This involves designing plans for new buildings, extensions, restorations, and alterations. Success in this position is determined by having the creativity and advanced knowledge necessary to produce designs that are sustainable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing, while taking into account client needs and demands.
Architect Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Meets with clients to pitch design proposals according to requirements
- Develops ideas per client specifications
- Prepares blueprints and other necessary construction documents
- Ensures that projects are carried out according to safety standards and regulations
- Coordinates with construction professionals and project teams
- Regularly reports on project progress by way of site visits
Architect Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of architectural experience or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- Excellent technical drawing skills
- Proficient in MS Office and programs such as AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Excellent creative and visualization skills
- Attention to detail
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.