What Does a CAD Technician Do?
Computer-aided design (CAD) technicians create and modify digital plans and prototypes using design and drafting software applications. They collaborate with engineers, architects, and design professionals to construct clear and accurate 2D drawings and 3D models used in the construction, manufacturing, and electronics industries.
CAD Technician Job Overview
In the CAD technician role, you will turn rough sketches into technical drawings, such as facility layouts, floor plans, topographical profiles, cross-sections, roadway maps, and electrical designs. You will be expected to apply multiple engineering and CAD disciplines, and ensure adherence of structural elements to technical drafting standards. Success in this role will be demonstrated by producing an accurate visual representation of projects that meet client needs.
CAD Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Drafts and optimizes general plan drawings
- Revises drawings and completes standard calculations
- Conducts field visits to locate grading markers and collect data
- Attends team meetings to delineate design requirements
- Participates in specialty design work as needed
- Manages and organizes CAD files
CAD Technician Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of CAD design and drafting experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Knowledge of design and engineering principles
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Associate degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.