What Does a Chief Development Officer Do?
Chief development officers (CDOs) lead the design and implementation of strategies to identify funding sources needed to finance the growth and development activities of organizations. They work directly with the senior management team to plan, review, and revise the company’s development programs.
Chief Development Officer Job Overview
In the chief development officer role, you will be responsible for organizing and overseeing the organization’s fundraising events and preparation of grant proposals. You will liaise with potential sponsors and build strong relationships with existing donors. Success in this position will be demonstrated by raising significant funds to support existing operations and advance development projects.
Chief Development Officer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops fund development plans
- Executes corporate sponsorship strategies
- Formulates strategies to further attract donors and volunteers
- Generates new corporate sponsors
- Keeps a record of and regularly reports on the total amount of funds raised
- Updates and revises fund development programs
Chief Development Officer Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fundraising and managing projects
- Highly proficient in MS Office, CRM systems, and donation-management tools
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great multitasking and time-management skills
- Able to travel to meet with potential donors
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; MBA is preferred
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.