What Does a Director of Operations Do?
A director of operations manages the day-to-day activities of a company, ensuring product quality and operational excellence. They lead and encourage their constituents to perform in line with the organization’s strategy. The director of operations develops procedures to achieve a consistent system of production.
Director of Operations Job Overview
In the director of operations role, you are expected to supervise the output and efficiency of each department to ensure that they are in line with company standards. A key element of this role is the analysis of data regarding the company’s overall performance and productivity. Success in this role is exhibited by your ability to grow the company’s profits.
Director of Operations Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the company’s budget
- Inspires managers and employees to deliver excellent products and services
- Directs company culture and business strategies
- Strategizes ways to maximize profitability
- Implements disaster recovery protocols and backups in the event of emergency situations
- Prepares operational and profitability reports
Director of Operations Job Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managerial positions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in managerial software and applications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities
- Exceptional critical and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related fields; Master’s degree preferred
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.