What Does a Chief Executive Officer Do?
Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) are the highest-ranked individuals within a company. They run overall operations, make major business decisions, and manage company resources. CEOs drive the corporation’s business strategy and company culture. Additionally, they typically act as the principal advisor to the board of directors.
Chief Executive Officer Job Overview
In the CEO role, you will be responsible for setting the direction of a company and leading the development of its goals and strategies. You will monitor market trends and capture value-added business opportunities. Success in this role will be demonstrated by meeting key performance metrics and financial ratios around sales growth, cash flows, and return on investments.
Chief Executive Officer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Sets company mission and vision, and establishes overall business strategy
- Attracts word-class talent and retains high-performing employees
- Cultivates a healthy culture within the organization
- Deploys resources efficiently and identifies key business opportunities
- Maintains oversight of the whole operations and mitigates risks
- Analyzes relevant market trends and adapts to the changing market environment
- Monitors and manages competition
- Prepares financial statements
Chief Executive Officer Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of senior leadership and management experience in the same industry
- Significant experience in financial statement preparation
- Proven track record of executing strategic business initiatives
- Deep knowledge of corporate governance and fiduciary responsibilities
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA desired
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.