What Does a General Manager Do?
General managers lead business units to help them reach their goals. They typically manage employees, oversee day-to-day operations, make strategic decisions, develop and implement effective strategies, and track performance objectives. They may also create and implement budgets and perform high-level financial management.
General Manager Job Overview
In the general manager role, you will be responsible for managing employees and ensuring smooth operations. A key element of the role is fostering a good work environment and helping employees unleash their potential. Success in this role will be demonstrated by delivering positive results and meeting strategic and financial targets.
General Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors profitability and other key performance indicators
- Identifies obstacles and coordinates with upper management to develop effective strategies
- Oversees daily operations and makes strategic decisions
- Fosters a good work environment and helps employees reach their potential
- Sets financial targets and prepares an annual budget
- Ensures employees’ alignment with the company’s goals, mission, and vision
General Manager Job Requirements
- At least 5 years experience; GM experience in the same industry preferred
- Excellent leadership skills, leads by example
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledgeable in doing financial reports and analysis
- Able to work with different groups of people
- Goal-oriented and delivers results
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.