What Does a Veterinarian Do?
Veterinarians care for injuries, diagnose, and cure illnesses contracted by animals. They treat animals by performing surgery, running tests, prescribing medicine, dressing wounds and other injuries, and administering vaccinations. They support the health of a variety of domesticated animals while adhering to veterinary-specific ethical standards.
Veterinarian Job Overview
In the veterinarian role, you will oversee the health and treatment of animals in the clinic. A key element of this position is the ability to keep animals docile while maintaining composure during time-sensitive situations. Success in this role will be demonstrated by maintaining a high number of successful treatments while controlling medical complications and fatalities.
Veterinarian Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Diagnoses animals and prescribes medicine
- Performs surgeries and vaccinations
- Neuters, spays, and euthanizes animals
- Monitors the health of animals in their care
- Maintains records of each patient
- Informs pet owners on proper animal care
Veterinarian Job Requirements
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine
- Relevant state licensure
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to simplify complex terminology
- Love and compassion for animals
- Familiar with the profession’s ethical standards
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.