Here at Comeet, we’ve been hearing from a lot of HR teams about managing culture and supporting employees during this Coronavirus pandemic and the ensuing economic uncertainty.
Companies are showing boundless creativity to stay connected during social distancing. Because here’s the thing: Challenging times can unite us like nothing else can. We wanted to help companies strengthen that unity across their team and culture.
Three HR leaders led the discussion:
- Raven Watson, CEO of AtWork Personnel Services
- Benjamin Foster, President of IMC Culture
- Lori Golden, Head of Elastic Recruiting at Comeet
Most importantly, those who joined also shared their own ideas, questions, and insights.
We left the conversation feeling hopeful about our collective opportunities to leverage these uncertain times and position ourselves as a supportive employer and top talent attractor. Read on for some highlights from that conversation.
We’ve also decided these Zoomside Chats should be a recurring event — subscribe for an invite to the next Chat (on the top-right button of this page!).
Recording & Highlights: Supporting Your Team During COVID-19
So many valuable resources were shared about supporting your teams during COVID-19. We’ve rounded them up here for your reference.
First thing’s first: Tune into the chat with the recording of our hour-long discussion.
Highlights and resources from the conversation:
- Ernest Packaging Solutions has been doing a lot to keep employees engaged. They held a fireside chat and made a playlist for employees to listen to during isolation as an E-Team.
- Sam Navarro from The Womble Company shared that he partnered up with Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings to donate supplies to one of Houston’s largest hospitals.
- LendingTree built a Financial Resources Hub to help others navigate their finances during this crisis.
- France tries limiting joblessness by paying companies to not lay off workers.
- A piece written from attendee Rocki Howard on challenging your view of your value and pivoting purposely in these ever-changing times. (Rocki is also host of the Grown Woman Podcast).
- Hubspot has a free certification course on what content marketing is and how to do it.
- The 10x Rule: The Only Difference between Failure and Success by Grant Cardone
- Powershift: Transform Any Situation, Close Any Deal, and Achieve Any Outcome by Daymond John
- That Discomfort You’re Feeling is Grief from the Harvard Business Review
- What Your Coworkers Need Right Now is Compassion from the Harvard Business Review
- High Anxiety in Uncertain Times from SHRM
Watch the recording here or subscribe (top-right of this page!) to get an invite to our next Zoomside Chat.