What Does a Bank Teller Do?
Bank tellers (also referred to as tellers) assist clients with bank transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, or loan payments. Other common tasks include cashing checks and processing currency exchanges. They also promote bank products and services to best suit client needs.
Bank Teller Job Overview
In the bank teller role, you will consolidate and report daily bank transactions. You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the firm’s banking policies, procedures, and offerings to answer inquiries and resolve complaints. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing excellent customer service to increase clientele and drive revenue growth.
Bank Teller Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists clients with bank transactions such as deposits and withdrawals
- Addresses clients inquiries and complaints
- Informs clients of different bank offerings
- Records daily bank transactions
- Complies with policies and procedures
Bank Teller Job Requirements
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree in any related field is preferred
- Basic math skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Dependable and trustworthy
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.