What Does a Financial Advisor Do?
Financial advisors create investment policy statements (IPS) for investor clients based on factors like financial status, risk appetite, and client goals. They may guide clients to invest in bonds, stocks, or other securities, and they may help with decisions about insurance, retirement, education, and tax laws.
Financial Advisor Job Overview
In the financial advisor role, you will ensure that clients invest in ways that meet their goals, and that their portfolios are well diversified to minimize unsystematic risk. In the event that customers insist on following poor plans of action, you’ll ensure they fully understand the implications of their choices. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing excellent service to increase customer retention and satisfaction, leading to increased profitability.
Financial Advisor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Contacts and meets with clients and prospective clients
- Builds and develops relationships with clients
- Develops client IPS and updates it annually (at least)
- Manages client portfolios
- Answers client inquiries
- Maintains client records for at least 7 years
Financial Advisor Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or any related field
- Certifications such as CFP or RIA are preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Great multitasking and time-management skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.