What Does a Treasurer Do?
Treasurers oversee the company’s overall financial management, specifically corporate finance, investment management, and risk management. They are responsible for the company’s cash management and liquidity policies. Treasurers also ensure the sustainability of cash flow streams and the alignment of cash deployment with corporate strategies.
Treasurer Job Overview
In the treasurer role, you will handle the firm’s financial planning and budgeting activities. You will protect the firm from regulatory issues by adhering to industry regulations and local laws. Success in this position will be demonstrated by establishing strategies to safeguard the organization’s financial standing to ensure long-term success and sustainable growth.
Treasurer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages daily cash position
- Coordinates with banks and other financing sources
- Advises management about key financial risks
- Selects worthy investments and capital projects
- Monitors budgets and expenditures
- Forecasts financial performance
Treasurer Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a treasurer or similar role
- Deep understanding of financial regulations, legislation, and statutes
- Proficient in MS Office and financial management software
- Knowledgeable in finance and investment management
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Great decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.