What Does a Business Intelligence Developer Do?
Business intelligence (BI) developers contribute to an organization’s decision-making process by creating business analysis from organized data. They construct warehouse data and use data analytics platforms to produce useful insights for addressing the various needs of the business. They also convert gathered results into understandable and concise reports.
BI Developer Job Overview
In the BI developer position, you will generate reports explaining the current and future trends relevant to the operation of the business. A key element of this position is the ability to know and keep up with the latest technological innovations in the market. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to support more effective business initiatives that generate bottom-line growth.
BI Developer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Establishes a data warehouse
- Utilizes data analytics platforms
- Reports and predicts trends
- Oversees the unit testing and troubleshooting of BI systems
- Turns innovative ideas into effective solutions
- Automates and improves current work processes
BI Developer Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a BI developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in BI technologies
- Knowledgeable in different query languages
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication abilities
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.