What Does a Camp Counselor Do?
Camp counselors plan and implement activities in summer camps, ensuring the safety and security of campers at all times. They may teach outdoor skills, survival, ecology, and sports, providing discipline and counseling as needed. They are also responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of camp facilities.
Camp Counselor Job Overview
In the camp counselor role, you will organize and manage camp events. You will also monitor, assess, and respond to incidents, behavioral problems, and accidents that may occur during the camp’s hours of operation. Ensuring that campers have a fun and memorable experience is paramount. Success in this role will be demonstrated by children’s participation and satisfaction with activities.
Camp Counselor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads, mentors, and supports campers, especially during activities
- Coordinates with other staff members to manage events and programs
- Ensures that campers are compliant to camp rules
- Promotes and maintains a fun and safe learning environment
- Maintains and cleans camp facilities and equipment
- Responds to and properly addresses any emergencies that may occur during activities
Camp Counselor Job Requirements
- High school diploma
- First aid and CPR certification are preferred
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Physical capacity to lead outdoor activities
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.