What Does a Personal Trainer Do?
Personal trainers are experts in fitness coaching. They work with clients to determine their physical constraints and needs, and they construct programs to help them reach fitness and well-being goals. They also track client progress and adjust the training strategy as needed.
Personal Trainer Job Overview
In the personal trainer role, you will be in charge of assessing your clients’ physical condition and creating customized workout routines. You will help clients understand why their routine is beneficial to ensure their commitment to the program. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to help your clients reach their fitness goals within the targeted time frame.
Personal Trainer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Educates clients on the safe and proper use of gym equipment
- Advises clients on positive lifestyle changes needed to meet goals
- Leads clients through exercise routines
- Evaluates clients’ fitness levels and skillsets to plan attainable goals
- Guides clients through strength training, endurance training, and weightlifting
- Counsels and educates clients on diet, nutrition, and exercise
- Demonstrates and encourages proper warm-up and stretching techniques to avoid injury
Personal Trainer Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- First aid and CPR training and certification
- Professional certification preferred
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible work hours including weekends and holidays
- Has a positive, encouraging, and patient demeanor
- Excellent physical fitness and endurance
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.