What Does a Dance Instructor Do?
Dance instructors teach various styles of dance including ballroom, jazz, or tango. They choreograph performances and select music for dance recitals or concerts. They may give lessons to large groups or individuals. In addition, they evaluate their students and give suggestions for improvement.
Dance Instructor Job Overview
In the dance instructor role, you will teach students about dance styles and techniques, and create lesson plans. A key element of this position is to remain patient when teaching students. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the overall performance of your students, as well as their willingness to continue pursuing dance.
Dance Instructor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Studies and practices multiple dance styles
- Choreographs performances for dance recitals
- Selects music
- Creates lesson plans
- Evaluates students and gives feedback
- Stays up-to-date with the latest music trends
Dance Instructor Job Requirements
- Dance instructor certification
- Prior experience as a dance instructor
- Physical strength and endurance
- Great leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Artistic and creative
- Passion for music and dancing
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.