What Does a Civil Engineer Do?
Civil engineers design, develop, and direct the construction of infrastructure projects. They are responsible for the overall management, budgeting, and timely completion of these projects. Civil engineers regularly develop public streets, bridges, tunnels, highways, railways, canals, sewage systems, power plants, and airports.
Civil Engineer Job Overview
In the civil engineer role, you will be responsible for completing projects and outlining blueprints to technical specifications. A key element of this role is to have a deep understanding of materials sciences, physics, and mathematics in order to create innovative solutions. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the longevity of projects and the ability to complete them within a given timeframe and budget while minimizing risks.
Civil Engineer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluates potential risks, materials, and expenses related to a project
- Creates detailed blueprints to achieve safe and technical specifications
- Designs, develops, and constructs projects in line with program goals
- Conforms to rules and regulations including licenses, permits, and other required documentation
- Liaises with customers and subcontractors
- Monitors and reports progress to stakeholders
Civil Engineer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional engineering license
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in design software
- Good understanding of electrical engineering safety standards
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills
- Good working knowledge of engineering software and tools
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.