What Does an Engineering Technician Do?
Engineering technicians assist professional engineers in the design, research, development, and quality control processes. They perform routine tasks as well as special projects assigned by engineers. Engineering technicians specialize in a variety of fields including civil, industrial, and mechanical engineering.
Engineering Technician Job Overview
In the engineering technician role, you are expected to work alongside or under the supervision of a professional engineer, performing tasks and generating reports. A key element of this role is maintaining a deep understanding of engineering concepts as well as working well within a team. Success in this position is demonstrated by the timely completion of projects and objectives.
Engineering Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in the research and development processes
- Designs blueprints of products and equipment
- Builds prototypes
- Generates work logs and reports
- Evaluates product performance
- Performs repairs and maintenance on products
- Provides technical support for clients
- Tests and debugs coding for products and prototypes
Engineering Technician Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar area
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Proficient in MS Office and engineering-related programs such as CAD
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of engineering terminology
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for learning
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.