What Does a Quality Engineer Do?
Quality engineers monitor and test the quality of a company’s products. They often inspect the quality of raw materials, components, final products, and systems, and report any issues. Quality engineers ensure that the outputs meet specifications and standards set by the company to minimize defects.
Quality Engineer Job Overview
In the quality engineer position, you will optimize and improve the stages and components of the company’s manufacturing systems. You will design and develop the company’s quality and control systems while troubleshooting any issues in the process. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to minimize the number of errors and defects produced by the manufacturing system.
Quality Engineer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors overall production process
- Performs audits based on ISO 9001:2015 protocols
- Addresses key problem areas in the manufacturing process
- Works with operations managers to develop and implement process improvements
- Tests and inspects equipment
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive records of anomalies and errors
Quality Engineer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in quality control
- Familiar with QA software tools
- ASQ certification is a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.