What Does a Clinical Psychologist Do?
Clinical psychologists support the mental and behavioral health of patients. They evaluate their patients to determine a diagnosis with diseases and disorders, after which they provide treatment and create a care plan. They also implement strategies that either support or prevent a specific behavior.
Clinical Psychologist Job Overview
In the clinical psychologist role, you will assess patients and identify problems. The ability to gain patient trust and stay updated with the latest psychological literature and findings are key elements of this position. Success in this role will be a demonstrated attainment of patient goals and completion of treatment programs.
Clinical Psychologist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluates patients
- Prescribes treatment and medications
- Designs intervention or prevention programs
- Monitors the health of patients
- Keeps a record of each patient
- Stays updated with the most recent research
Clinical Psychologist Job Requirements
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology or similar field
- Licensed or license-eligible in the relevant state
- Minimum 2 years of clinical or research experience
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Evidence-based acumen
- Adheres to ethical standards
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.