What Does an Intake Coordinator Do?
Intake coordinators welcome, register, and admit patients at healthcare facilities. They gather information about the patient and create patient records. They make appointments and schedule procedures for future medical treatments. They also answer questions related to services and make referrals when necessary.
Intake Coordinator Job Overview
In the role of an intake coordinator, you will greet patients and collect personal information, medical histories, and insurance details relevant to admission for services. You will address patient inquiries and concerns. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your attention to detail and organizational abilities. You should also possess strong interpersonal skills and exemplify excellence in customer service.
Intake Coordinator Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Interviews patients and completes admissions paperwork
- Verifies patient insurance coverage and benefits
- Schedules appointments for consultations and other healthcare services
- Answers phones and completes associated clerical tasks
- Creates and maintains patient records
Intake Coordinator Job Requirements
- Associate’s degree in Medical Office Management, Medical Staffing, Health Administration, or related field
- Professional certification for healthcare coordinators is preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong customer service acumen
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.