What Does a Dental Hygienist Do?
Dental hygienists work with dentists in providing preventative oral care to patients. They conduct preliminary examinations and procedures such as cleaning teeth and checking for signs of possible oral diseases. Dental hygienists also assist dentists in implementing dental treatments and managing emergencies.
Dental Hygienist Job Overview
In the dental hygienist role, you will be responsible for performing routine cleaning procedures and addressing minor oral concerns. You will be expected to communicate patients’ oral conditions and educate them on proper dental care and hygiene. Success in this position will be demonstrated by high levels of customer satisfaction and excellent patient dental health.
Dental Hygienist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs initial dental screenings and procedures
- Updates and maintains patients’ records and documentations
- Examines teeth and gums
- Seals dental cracks and cavities
- Sterilizes dental instruments
- Monitors dental supplies
Dental Hygienist Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a dental hygienist or similar role
- Valid dental hygienist license
- In-depth knowledge of dental and equipment and terminologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Familiar with safety procedures and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Dental Hygiene or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.