What Does a Controls Engineer Do?
Controls engineers perform a vital role in designing and developing systems for manufacturing operations. They may design layout, materials and information flow, or machine placement. They may also be responsible for increasing production efficiency by evaluating performance and proposing and implementing improvements.
Controls Engineer Job Overview
In the role of a controls engineer, you will oversee the production of various types of equipment and systems. An important competency in this position is to research, test, and analyze ideas for possible system and process improvements. Success in this role will be demonstrated by meeting safety and quality standards while driving revenue increases through improved production processes.
Controls Engineer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Troubleshoots problems with processes and hardware
- Plans preventive maintenance
- Coordinates with others in order to determine problems and implement solutions
- Provides technical assistance as needed by internal customers
- Manages relations with vendors
- Defines performance metrics
Controls Engineer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 2 to 4 years of work experience in a related field
- Proficient in computer-aided design and drafting software
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to determine customer needs to develop project specifications and scope
- Ability to interpret and implement specifications
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.