What Does a Costume Designer Do?
Costume designers craft attire that fits a particular theme, setting, and characteristic. They innovate from modern and historical designs to assist the wearer in bringing a character to life. In addition, they usually have extensive knowledge of fashion from different time periods and regions.
Costume Designer Job Overview
In the costume designer role, you will design and create clothes according to the client’s needs. Key elements of this position include the ability to understand the essence of the outfit and familiarity with different types of fabric. Success in this role is demonstrated by greater margins per costume and an increase in repeat customers.
Costume Designer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Notes client requests
- Studies the costume’s context
- Sketches initial design
- Coordinates with other creative personnel
- Oversees client fittings
- Creates final design
Costume Designer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or related field
- At least 3 years of design experience
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Outstanding research skills
- Familiar with graphic design software
- Ability to design sketches by hand
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.