What Does a Production Assistant Do?
Production assistants provide critical support in the production of TV shows, movies, theatrical plays, or commercials. They assist in the preparation of props and organization of sets. They also work to ensure that the cast and crew are ready for the shoot.
Production Assistant Job Overview
In the production assistant role, you will work directly with technical and creative teams. You will perform general administrative tasks such as printing and distributing scripts and call sheets, and communicating instructions from directors and producers. You will be expected to secure all materials and keep production manuals updated. Success in this role will be demonstrated by delivering valuable insights and assistance throughout the development of the project.
Production Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Organizes element reels and handles props
- Assists and coordinates with actors and extras
- Helps set up lights and equipment
- Maintains production supplies
- Files and secures production documents and permits
- Handles paperwork and addresses inquiries
Production Assistant Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of TV or movie production experience
- Able to lift heavy materials (50 lbs)
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Film or related field a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.