What Does a Delivery Driver Do?
Delivery drivers are responsible for transporting goods from distribution centers to customers. They follow a specified schedule and identify the most efficient routes to avoid delays. They also conduct regular vehicle check-ups and maintenance to keep company vehicles in good working condition.
Delivery Driver Job Overview
In the delivery driver role, you will verify customer orders and carefully load the correct products before delivering them. You will be expected to be friendly and polite when engaging with customers. Success in this role is demonstrated by transporting products on time and in good condition, providing outstanding customer service, and helping the company meet its delivery targets.
Delivery Driver Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Drives company vehicles safely and courteously
- Maintains deep knowledge of delivery protocols and observes traffic rules
- Confirms customer orders, collects payments, and provides receipts
- Logs successful and unsuccessful deliveries
- Refuels vehicles, performs periodic check-ups, and diagnoses potential vehicle problems
- Observes company dress code and maintains a neat appearance
Delivery Driver Job Requirements
- Previous customer engagement; sales and/or delivery experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Physically fit and able to lift and carry packages of at most 50 lbs; DOT physical exam required
- Excellent driving skills and able to drive standard manual transmission
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.