What Does a Finance Manager Do?
Finance managers provide senior management with detailed insights on a firm’s financial performance and prospects. Their duty is to ensure that the firm makes decisions in line with its current risk profile and pursues projects that will provide an attractive return on investment.
Finance Manager Job Overview
In the finance manager role, you will process and analyze the company’s financial data to create reports useful in decision making. You will coordinate with various department heads to establish relevant and attainable financial and operational key performance indicators. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to select projects that will increase the firm’s net present value.
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with accounting and compliance teams to ensure reports adhere to industry regulations
- Monitors and maintains the company’s financial health
- Assesses and makes decisions regarding potential projects and ventures
- Oversees and spearheads cost-reduction initiatives
- Supervises the company’s finance department and establishes strategies to meet key milestones
- Conducts company and industry-level trend analysis
- Creates financial projections based on available data
Finance Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Additional certification (CFA, CPA, CMA) is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Firm grasp of financial and accounting statistics
- Proficient with MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.