What Does a Forklift Operator Do?
Forklift operators transport and organize large and heavy materials within factories, warehouses, and other work sites. They load and unload cargoes, stack packages, and move them to their designated storage or delivery area. Forklift operators are also responsible for the general maintenance of their equipment.
Forklift Operator Job Overview
In the forklift operator role, you will move packages around the facility per the company’s established materials handling and inventory control instructions. You will examine the packages to ensure compliance with the firm’s quality standards and report any damage or deficiency. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing the safe and fast movement of materials to improve cycle time and productivity.
Forklift Operator Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Carries containers, cargo, and other heavy packages to designated areas
- Inspects delivered packages before moving them to the storage area
- Stacks loads and empty pallets
- Conducts pre- and post-shift equipment checks and periodic maintenance
- Identifies workplace hazards and ensures a safe driveway
- Documents and reports equipment malfunctions
Forklift Operator Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of materials handling experience
- Able to lift and carry heavy loads (max 75 lbs) as needed
- Forklift certification from a company-sponsored training program
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Hard working and team player
- Able to work for extended hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.