What Does a Healthcare Administrator Do?
Healthcare administrators manage the medical services and administrative operations of a healthcare facility. They plan, direct, and coordinate clinical activities to ensure patients receive the appropriate treatment. They also oversee the recruitment and retention of employees, as well as budgeting and financial management.
Healthcare Administrator Job Overview
In the healthcare administrator role, you will work closely with various healthcare professionals, such as doctors, nurses, dentists, surgeons, and therapists. You will be expected to remain up-to-date on changes in healthcare regulations and technological advancements to enforce compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. Success in this role will be demonstrated by leading the development and implementation of clinical strategies to adapt to the evolving healthcare system, and to improve the efficiency and delivery of high-quality health services.
Healthcare Administrator Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Delivers contract services and nourishes strong long-term relationships with key clients and partners
- Creates employee work schedules
- Oversees general management of employee and patient records
- Secures data security and client information confidentiality
- Crafts and executes medical programs
- Oversees staffing needs and recruitment
- Leads the creation of expense liquidation and financial reports
Healthcare Administrator Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of healthcare administration experience
- Experience in financial management and analysis
- Proficient in MS Office
- In-depth understanding of healthcare laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of patient care systems and quality management
- Outstanding oral and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational and administrative skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field; Master’s degree a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.