What Does a Physician Assistant Do?
Physician assistants aid doctors in rendering medical and surgical care to patients. Under the auspices of physicians, they examine patients, make psychological assessments, write prescriptions, order laboratory and diagnostic tests, stitch wounds, and reset bones. They practice medicine in multiple specialties and settings.
Physician Assistant Job Overview
In the physician assistant role, you will discuss medical symptoms with patients to assess facts, after which you will conduct a physical exam. You will detail the patient’s medical issues and submit results to the attending physician. Success in this role will be determined by your sustained contributions towards your patients’ health and well-being.
Physician Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Documents patient’s medical history
- Performs physical examinations
- Orders and interprets tests
- Diagnoses and treats illnesses
- Assists in surgeries
- Counsels patients on preventive care
Physician Assistant Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in a healthcare discipline
- Current license to practice in the state where you wish to work
- At least 3 years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Must communicate clearly and compassionately to patients
- Must possess strong analytical skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.