What Does a Leasing Agent Do?
Leasing agents search for prospective clients for the lease of residential and commercial property. They often act as representatives for a landlord or institution, handling client concerns and performing administrative tasks. Additionally, leasing agents update their clients on any relevant changes in the property market.
Leasing Agent Job Overview
In the leasing agent role, you will participate in marketing and sales efforts to find, screen, and lease properties to prospective clients. You will facilitate the delivery of important documents to both clients and upper management. Success in this role will be measured by your ability to meet sales targets and occupancy rates set by the landlord or the institution.
Leasing Agent Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Turns prospective clients into actual clients
- Maintains and updates a database of prospective clients and landlords
- Performs background checks on prospective tenants and landlords
- Acts as liaison between tenants and landlords
- Ensures payments are received in a timely manner through approved channels
- Stores and records relevant documents and files
Leasing Agent Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of experience in real estate, customer service, or sales
- Familiar with the real estate industry, laws, and best practices
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work outside standard office hours, including weekends and holidays
- Willingness to travel
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.