What Does a Property Manager Do?
Property managers handle the operations of real estate properties, including residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. They manage the units under their authority, maintaining living conditions while creating and controlling budgets. Property managers act as an extension of landlords, ensuring steady revenue flow and business operation.
Property Manager Job Overview
In the property manager role, you are expected to effectively manage the properties under your care. A key element in performing this role is screening potential tenants and accepting only those of good financial and moral standing. Success in this role is demonstrated by the effective maintenance of property conditions and timely management of finances from operations.
Property Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Establishes proper rental rates
- Collects timely rental payments
- Screens potential tenants
- Maintains property conditions
- Manages finances
- Markets the properties to potential tenants
- Negotiates contracts for rents and leases
- Maintains proper security
- Prepares performance reports
Property Manager Job Requirements
- Strong communication and negotiation abilities
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking abilities
- Outstanding management abilities
- Working knowledge of property rules and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge in accounting and marketing principles
- Previous experience in property management roles
- Outstanding customer service abilities
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.