What Does a Medical Courier Do?
Medical couriers play a vital role in the transportation of medical equipment and items between different healthcare facilities. They are generally responsible for managing deliveries and pickups, taking orders, and sending invoices to clients. They also document all movements of medical property or equipment.
Medical Courier Job Overview
In the medical courier role, you will be responsible for making accurate inventory checks and choosing suitable routes in order to ensure the punctual arrival of medical items. A key element of this role is being reliable while having strong directional skills to ensure efficient delivery. Success in this role will be demonstrated by transporting medical items safely while meeting aggressive deadlines.
Medical Courier Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures credibility of all documentation related to medical items
- Ensures safe storage of medical items
- Ensures punctual collection and delivery of medical items
- Logs maintenance and mileage data to the company database
- Verifies and signs delivery receipts
- Maps out the route to the delivery destination
Medical Courier Job Requirements
- High school diploma
- 2 years of work experience in a driver/courier role
- HIPAA certification
- Excellent navigation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong administrative and planning skills
- Strongly values punctuality
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift and maneuver at least 55 lbs
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.