What Does a Medical Receptionist Do?
Medical receptionists are the first points of contact for patients in a healthcare facility. They welcome guests, provide hospital information, and address patient concerns. They schedule consultations with health professionals and specialists, and they ensure sufficient medical supplies and equipment exist in the facility.
Medical Receptionist Job Overview
In the medical receptionist role, you will assist patients before they see their doctors. A key element in performing this role is to multitask so you can accomplish all clerical tasks promptly. Success in this role will be demonstrated by ensuring patients are directed to their designated areas as quickly as possible.
Medical Receptionist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Greets patients in the facilities and over the phone
- Assists doctors, nurses, and patients
- Schedules doctors’ appointments for patients
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks
- Prepares medical files
- Maintains and keeps patient information confidential
- Maintains medicinal supplies and equipment
Medical Receptionist Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar role
- Administration certification
- Meticulous and organized
- Exceptional multitasking and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding administrative skills
- Background in the healthcare sector
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.