What Does a Nanny Do?
Nannies work with parents to help ease the workload of raising children. They may help with cleaning, meal preparation, instruction, discipline, and laundry. They also transport children to school, activities, or playdates and may help plan the daily schedule.
Nanny Job Overview
In the nanny role, you are responsible for any and all domestic activities related to the children under your care. You will educate the children about proper health and personal care habits, such as exercise, diet, and toilet behavior, and provide assistance as needed. Success in this role will be determined by the ability to provide a safe, caring, and nurturing environment in which children can thrive and develop.
Nanny Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates a safe and stimulating environment for children
- Plans meals, prepares food, and feeds children
- Engages children in age-appropriate activities and encourages intellectual development
- Teaches and supervises daily living skills
- Monitors behavior for irregularities pertaining to health and well-being as well as physical, emotional, and mental development
- Meets with parents regularly to assess child behavior and to plan activities
Nanny Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of experience in childcare setting
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Red Cross or American Heart Association first aid and CPR certified and a cleared TB test
- Motivated and professional in conduct
- A passion for working with children
- Understands child psychology and stages of development
- Positive discipline skills for correcting undesired behavior
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.