What Does a Preschool Teacher Do?
Preschool teachers help children build a solid foundation for their early education by creating programs that fit the class’s needs. They guide children as they develop social skills, motor skills, and self-esteem. Preschool teachers educate students through play, storytelling, videos, group sharing, and other methods.
Preschool Teacher Job Overview
In the preschool teacher role, you will prepare children for the next stage of their educational journey. You will ensure that students are able to learn from each lesson and foster healthy social connections with their classmates. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to establish an environment that is conducive to each child’s mental health and emotional development.
Preschool Teacher Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Guides children in the development of their artistic and practical capabilities
- Selects and presents learning materials and activities to be used in class
- Ensures the safety of children while at school and during school activities
- Collaborates with other teachers for joint activities
- Maintains classroom cleanliness
- Acts as a mediator during conflicts
Preschool Teacher Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- At least 1 year of experience in early childhood education
- Certification in early childhood education, child CPR, and first aid
- Level-headed with a friendly personality
- Can work well with children
- Firm grasp of early childhood development principles and developmental psychology
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.