What Does a Personal Banker Do?
Personal bankers assist their clients in dealing with financial transactions such as the opening of bank accounts and processing of loans. Moreover, they are expected to be knowledgeable about the banking industry and promote services and offerings that fit their clients’ monetary needs.
Personal Banker Job Overview
In the personal banker role, you will listen to and understand your clients’ needs in order to provide optimal solutions. A key element in this role is to build and maintain long-term relationships with customers to increase overall satisfaction. Success in this role will be demonstrated by retaining and adding to your clientele to drive revenue growth.
Personal Banker Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Contacts and meets with clients and prospective clients
- Screens and conducts background checks on their clients
- Listens to the clients’ risk-and-return objectives
- Addresses concerns and answers inquiries
- Recommends appropriate bank products and services
- Assists in performing financial transactions
Personal Banker Job Requirements
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Certification in banking is recommended
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience in the financial sector and banking industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or any related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.