What Does a Personal Care Assistant Do?
Personal care assistants help individuals suffering from mental or physical disabilities to perform common tasks such as eating, bathing, and dressing. They also ensure medications are administered as prescribed. They report to nurses or doctors and may work in private homes, hospitals, or care facilities.
Personal Care Assistant Job Overview
In the personal care assistant role, you will be responsible for the patient’s basic needs. You will also provide updates to nurses, doctors, and other medical staff. It is crucial that you report any serious issues you observe. Success in this role will be demonstrated by promoting high levels of client satisfaction and measurable improvements in overall health.
Personal Care Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares and serves nutritious meals
- Assists with the use of the toilet
- Maintains cleanliness and performs basic housekeeping
- Prepares patient for routine check-ups
- Oversees administration of medicines
- Accompanies patient during appointments with doctors
- Provides companionship at home and on outings
Personal Care Assistant Job Requirements
- Personal care experience preferred
- Certification in CPR and first aid
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to stand for extended hours and lift heavy objects
- Outstanding time-management and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certification from accredited Nurse Aide program
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.