What Does a Pizza Delivery Driver Do?
Pizza delivery drivers transport customer deliveries from the restaurant to a customer’s desired location. They perform the final checks on a restaurant’s product before delivering items to the customer. Pizza delivery drivers also process cash or card payments and return change when necessary.
Pizza Delivery Driver Job Overview
In the pizza delivery driver role, you will drive your vehicle to the location specified by the customer to deliver their order. You will be responsible for taking inventory, processing paperwork, and maintaining your assigned delivery vehicle. Success in this role will be determined by your ability to deliver accurate orders to customers in a timely manner.
Pizza Delivery Driver Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Confirms that client orders are correct
- Delivers food items to the customer’s desired location
- Returns unpaid customer orders
- Receives payment via cash or card
- Answers customer queries
- Informs customers of current and upcoming promotions
- Adheres to traffic regulations and road safety protocols
Pizza Delivery Driver Job Requirements
- No educational requirement
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Physically able to lift multiple boxes of pizza
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.