What Does a Production Manager Do?
Production managers oversee the manufacturing processes and budgets of a company. Facilities rely on them to ensure manufactured products meet quality standards while adhering to cost schedults. They work closely with inventory managers and sales to ensure a smooth flow of work through the plant.
Production Manager Job Overview
In the production manager role, you will be in charge of the plant’s daily operations. You will monitor processes to ensure steady operation and the timely fulfillment of customer needs. You will also ensure the safety and well-being of employees by adhering to industry regulations. Success in this role will be demonstrated by meeting company goals for quality, cost, and time.
Production Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages and evaluates the production process
- Coordinates activities to the production and operation teams
- Understands industry regulations
- Keeps up with labor standards
- Maintains a safe environment for workers
- Inspects materials and equipment
- Maintains production records
- Manages operational budgets
- Attends meetings as necessary
Production Manager Job Requirements
- 5 years of prior production experience
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Labor relations experience
- Strong managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or any related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.