What Does a Purchasing Manager Do?
Purchasing managers handle the acquisition of goods and services used by an organization for consumption or to be resold for profit. They assess suppliers and negotiate contracts to meet the company’s purchasing needs with the best available product quality at the lowest possible price.
Purchasing Manager Job Overview
In the purchasing manager role, you will oversee a team responsible for the procurement of products essential to the company’s operations. You must maintain a deep understanding of the company’s supply chain to track, identify, and process acquisitions. Success in this role will be exhibited by implementing cost-efficient purchasing strategies throughout the procurement cycle.
Purchasing Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages material and equipment inventories
- Works closely with various teams, such as finance and production
- Monitors and forecasts inventory levels
- Tracks and reports operating metrics to identify areas that need improvement
- Schedules orders and consolidates monthly, quarterly, and annual purchases
- Prepares proposals and detailed documentation of purchases and inventories
- Locates suppliers, negotiates deals, and networks with vendors
Purchasing Manager Job Requirements
- 5 years of proven management and purchasing experience
- Advanced knowledge in Excel and cloud-based inventory and purchasing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational and analytical skills
- Dependable decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Management; MBA a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.