What Does a Quality Analyst Do?
Quality analysts play a key role in testing websites and software for bugs and other problems, which they then document for the development team to use. They also work with software engineers and programmers to correct errors with the goal of providing a bug-free experience for users.
Quality Analyst Job Overview
In the quality analyst role, you will test software or systems to ensure user expectations are met. A key element of this role is to maintain rigorous documentation of all discovered errors, such as a running log, to ensure everything is addressed. Success in this role will be demonstrated by facilitating error-free code within preset time limits.
Quality Analyst Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Tests products, software, and systems
- Reports bugs and errors to developers
- Recommends preventative and corrective actions
- Ensures user expectations are met
- Analyzes statistical data
- Ensures compliance with industry regulations
Quality Analyst Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Certifications such as CSQA are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledgeable in programming languages such as Java and SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.