What Does a Teacher Assistant Do?
Teacher assistants work behind the scenes to support teacher needs. They may create lesson plans and classroom materials or perform record keeping and administrative tasks. Teacher assistants also tutor students, address behavioral issues, organize parent-teacher meetings, and perform educational research.
Teacher Assistant Job Overview
In the teacher assistant role, you will foster a safe and nurturing environment for students to provide for an effective learning experience. You must implement classroom policies and lesson plans as guided by teachers and school administrators. Success in this role will be demonstrated by increased student participation in classroom activities and improvements in academic performance.
Teacher Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitates individual and small group discussions and learning sessions
- Works with the lead teacher to identify and address problem areas
- Documents and communicates student progress with parents
- Assists in the preparation of lesson plans and classroom activities
- Acts as the student supervisor in the absence of the lead teacher
- Revises lesson plans to match the learning pace of the students
Teacher Assistant Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Compassion for understanding student issues
- Firm grasp of classroom management techniques
- Knowledge of lesson plan creation
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.