What Does a UPS Package Handler Do?
UPS package handlers are vital to a company’s package delivery services. They sort and group packages according to their intended destinations and load them into appropriate delivery vehicles. They handle products with the utmost care and keep them secure at all times.
UPS Package Handler Job Overview
In the UPS package handler role, you will lift, lower, and slide large numbers of packages during processing. You will be expected to know how to operate hand tools and mechanical equipment to assist with the movement of bigger packages. You will also be required to strictly observe the company’s package handling standards. Success in this role will be demonstrated by employing systematic procedures to speed up processing, helping the company meet its delivery goals and improve customer satisfaction.
UPS Package Handler Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Uses “hand-to-surface” methods when handling packages
- Scans, reads, and labels packages to determine correct grouping
- Moves packages into the delivery area and loads them onto conveyor belts, trucks, or pallets
- Observes strict adherence to company policies (safety, security, uniform, package handling)
- Maintains a clean working area
- Identifies errors in package information, defects, and any discrepancies
- Collaborates with other warehouse personnel to ensure work efficiency
UPS Package Handler Job Requirements
- Experience in materials handling preferred
- Able to lift and carry heavy loads (max 70 lbs)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and able to work for extended hours
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Hard-working and team player
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.