What Does a Customer Service Associate Do?
Customer service associates address customer complaints, inquiries, and concerns. They work to maintain a broad knowledge of all the company’s products and services to provide the best client experience possible. They may solve customer problems, provide education about proper usage, or approve refunds.
Customer Service Associate Job Overview
In the customer service associate role, you will interact with customers and provide real-time assistance. You are expected to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor at all times. The ability to handle different types of customers—especially difficult ones—is critical in this position. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing excellent service to increase customer retention, a major source of revenue generation.
Customer Service Associate Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Attends training sessions on customer service and the company’s offerings
- Understands company policies and standard procedures
- Identifies and understands customer needs
- Determines the best course of action to resolve issues
- Follows up on customers
- Seeks feedback from customers
Customer Service Associate Job Requirements
- Has prior experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Completion of company training sessions
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree required
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.